Kore, the official Android Kodi remote application, released version 2.0 last week! Kore is one of, if not the most popular remote applications for Android currently boasting over 500k users. Version 2.0 makes a few crucial updates which we’ve listed below.
- Live TV and PVR/DVR support. If you have Live TV and PVR setup, there are now shortcut buttons to open those sections in the app.
- Add-on shortcuts. Launch any add-on from the app without navigating Kodi menus.
- Youtube support. Send any Youtube video from your phone to your Kodi interface.
- Send text to media centre directly from your phone.
- Control video playback with the arrow keys in the remote.
- Plus more!
If you’re not already familiar with Kore it has a simple but elegant interface along wiht the following features:
- Control your media center with an easy to use remote;
- Including several colour themes;
- See what’s currently playing, including relevant information (movies, TV shows, music, pictures and add-ons);
- Change, sync or download subtitles;
- Switch to the desired audio streams;
- All the usual playback and volume controls at your disposal;
- Toggle back and forth between windows or full screen playback in Kodi
- Add, check and manage the current playlist;
- View what is in your media library with details about your movies, TV shows, music and add-ons;
- Direct link to relevant IMDb website for extensive information;
- Library maintenance like clean and update;
- Wake-on-LAN and other power control actions that the selected device supports;
- Send YouTube videos to your currently selected media center;
- Send text to the instead of using the keyboard in Kodi
You can find Kore on the Google Play store