There is lots of fooling around in order to find reliable Kodi USA Live TV links, but USTVNOW is the undisputed option for the major cable channels that are reliable and high quality!
February 10th Update: The new USTVNow plus is up to version 14.1.1 and some GREAT features are now included in the add-on
USTVNow v14.1.1 Change Log
- Increased free account stream quality maximum to 1024kbps (works even after 45 day trial is up!)
- Added new TV guide section with full recording features
- Added option to enable full context menu for live TV
- Rearranged settings
- Resized all channel logos to Kodi standards 256×256
- Added new icons for sections
Having a full TV guide to go along with USTVNow Plus is a GREAT new feature! You no longer have to worry about integrating USTVNow with another Kodi EPG guide. In the add-on under the TV guide section, just click on your channel and you can see what is airing over the next day!
January 29th Update: The official USTVNow Kodi add-on has been discontinued as far as development goes, but mhancoc7, a user over on the TVADDONS forums has created a custom fork of the add-on with a ton of great new functionality called USTVNow Plus. First, read he has added and then find out how you can download the new version! If you still don’t know what USTVNow is, read the original post below for details on the service. For no cost, you get 7 of the main USA live TV networks!
Mhancoc7’s USTVNow Plus v1 Features
- Added movies and sports sections to view channels by categories.
- Set the DVR recordings to rtsp or rtmp. RTSP allows for fast-forward, re-wind and resume, while RTMP has better quality.
- Set the Live streams to rtmp only. I could never get the live streams to work with rtsp so it seemed like they should just be set to rtmp.
- Added ‘Plan HD + DVR’ to the setup process with an option in the settings to toggle DVR package on and off.
- I have the addon setup so that the DVR recordings are limited to no greater than 1024kbps. I have found that if the quality is set to HD the recordings would not play. So now if you have the quality set to HD the recordings are set to 1024kbps otherwise the recordings are set to whatever the quality setting is set to.
- Added a link to the addon settings on the main addon page.
- Updated messaging and the addon id and name.
- Fixed duplicate channels (credit: https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-ustvnow)
- Fixed issue with & (credit: https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-ustvnow)
- Set channel description to the show title
- Set quality to 400kbps for all plans. I think this is a good idea since that will ensure less issues with the streams to start and with the Settings option now available from within the addon you can quickly change it.
- No more setting the account type from Free to Paid. I have found the proper endpoint for determining this. (json for the win!)
- Updated the Recordings/Schedule section to display the correct Show Poster if that option is enabled.
- You can setup recurring recordings
- Tons and tons of bug fixes and GUI improvements!
As you can see, in addition to some playback and cosmetic fixes, this version of the add-on adds full DVR functionality to record TV shows using USTVNow. The cost for DVR is $30 per month, but for those who have cut the cord and are looking for a reliable HD streaming service with DVR, this is probably the best option available right now!
If you are interested in trying out this new version of USTVNow Plus, follow the guide below!
Kodi USTVNow Plus Install Guide
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source
- Select None and type the following: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath Enter a name for this media Source & type fusion
- Select OK and go back to your Home Screen
- To install the VinMan java files: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons > Install from zip file > fusion > xbmc-repos > English > repository.xbmchub-x.x.x.zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification and then select Install from repository
- Select TVADDONS.ag Addon Repository > Video Add-ons > USTVNow > Install
- Wait for the add-on enabled notification and then you are done! Phoenix can be found under your video add-ons.
USTVNOW.com is a great source for high quality USA cable channels on your Kodi device. USTVNOW is a service designed to provide cable television to army and navy soldiers deployed overseas that may not be able to watch cable television wherever they are station. The service has three different tiers:
- 6 channels: ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, Fox, PBS
- 28 channels: ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, Fox, PBS, A&E, Animal Planet, Bravo, CNBC, CNN, Comedy Central, Discovery, ESPN, Fox News, FX, History, Lifetime, National Geographic, Nickelodeon, SyFy, Spike, TBS, TNT, Carton Network, USA, My9
- $20 per month
All channels + PVR Capabilities
- All 28 channels
- $30 per month
In order to sign up and enjoy Kodi USA Live TV, head over to USTVNOW.com and click sign up.
Warning: Do NOT sign up via your Facebook login information. You will not need a password this way, but you will need to enter one in your Kodi settings.
In order to install USTVNOW on Kodi:
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > Add-ons > Install From Repository > Official Kodi Repository
- Select Video Add-ons > USTVNow > Install
- Wait for the add-on enabled notification and that is it!
You are good to go! Enjoy Kodi USA Live TV channels for free. The best part is, USTVNOW is LEGAL and free for you to enjoy.