The Nexbox A95X was the best tv box seller on Amazon in July, 2016 and after reviewing this awesome piece of hardware, I know why. When unboxing this unit, the first thing that blew me away was its tiny size. You can hold the Nexbox A95X in the palm of your hand and the box only measures 93mm wide and height is only 11mm.
Another pleasant surprise within the package is a different looking remote that sports buttons that will make the Kodi experience much more enjoyable such as an actual Kodi button, volume control, context button, number pad, web launcher, power button, and more. You will also find some handy keys that will take you directly to Kodi or to a live tv cloud interface.
You can order the Nexbox A95X with different specs. There are three different configurations which you can choose from when ordering this from Amazon. The one that I am reviewing is the model that comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM which helps with buffering and quick performance. You can order this from Amazon and see the different specs available by clicking this link – Nexbox A95X
Upon powering on the system, I was expecting to see the typical generic launcher that it seems all of these Android boxes come loaded with. But not with the Nexbox A95X! This comes with a beautiful customized launcher with a nice current weather condition widget toward the top of the screen.
The first application that I opened was of course Kodi. Nexbox includes a nice build integrated with Kodi that seems to have all of the most popular plugins which is great for those who don’t know much about Kodi. I could literally give this box to my dad who knows nothing about Kodi, show him a few things and he would be set. Most of the Android boxes come with some sort of build but never include all of the best Kodi addons. I really like this nice updated touch.
I exited Kodi to the launcher and clicked the “Kodi Center”icon. This is a special section with the Nexbox A95X that provides the opportunity to install the most popular Kodi Addons with the click of a button. Within Kodi Center, you will find addon categories for Live, Sport, Movie, Cartoon, Others, Music, Fixkodi, Backup, CheckVersion, and Feedback. In browsing through the various categories, it is nice to see that the most popular Kodi Addons are available. You can think of this area as a “Kodi App Store” for addons…this is very cool.
The Nexbox A95X also comes with Android 6.0.1 as its operating system which I haven’t seen on any other Android TV Box that I have reviewed yet. The others all come with Android 5 or lower.
The Nexbox A95X is a great Android TV Box for those new to this hobby since it doesn’t require a lot of setup. Most Android TV Boxes require getting things updated, installing addons, etc. but this one literally works out of the box.
Nexbox A95X Quick Video Review
Nexbox A95X Review – What I Like & What I Don’t Like
Things I like about the Nexbox A95X Android TV Box
- Powerful Android TV Box with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage
- Nice looking launcher that can be customized and very easy to use
- Kodi build that comes with the Nexbox A95X includes all of the most recent popular addons and is easy to navigate
- Kodi Center is a nice feature that allows you to install all of the most popular Kodi Addons with the click of a button, this is like a Kodi App Store
- Capable of playing 4K videos without any problems
- I like the remote that comes with this device as it includes handy buttons for Kodi such as volume and context button – also includes a one-key button for Kodi and one-key button for live cloud TV
- Works excellent with Rii I8 Mini 2.4Ghz Wireless Touchpad Keyboard With Mouse
- Different variations of unit available with different specs and price is great
What I don’t like about the Nexbox A95X Anroid TV Box
- Include a Bluetooth remote but that would also increase the price
- Include some remote friendly apps for the popular services that we don’t always use in Kodi such as YouTube, Hulu, etc. Most Android boxes don’t have this
Would I use the Nexbox A95X Android TV Box As A Primary Streaming Device Within My Home?
Out of all of the Android Boxes that I have reviewed to date, the Nexbox A95X is my favorite for the many reasons that you see listed above. Its sleek and small design are very attractive and it is hard to believe such a small box packs such a big punch. This will be my default Android Box until a better alternative comes that provides remote friendly applications besides Kodi.
If I were going to start selling an Android TV Box on Ebay or Craigslist, the Nexbox A95X would be the one due to its simple setup process.
What’s In The Box?
- Nexbox A95X
- IR Remote
- HDMI Cable
- Power Adapter
*2 AAA batteries not included for remote
Nexbox A95X Android TV Box Specs
- CPU: Amlogic S905X Quad core Cortex A53 2.0GHz 64bit
- GPU: Penta-core Mali-450MP GPU
- 1GB (or 2GB) DDR3 RAM
- 8GB (or 16GB) eMMC Flash ROM
- USB 2.0 * 2
- Card reader: SD/SDHC/MMC cards
- Support the latest HEVC (H.265) decoding
- Support 4K*2K Super HD video
- OS: Android 6.0
- Wifi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 2.4G/5G
- Wired/wireless mouse/ keyboard supported
Let us know in the comments what kind of Kodi streaming device you are using and why you like or dislike it.
The post Nexbox A95X Review appeared first on Do It Yourself Tech Projects for Home & Small Business.
We do not review very many paid services here at The Stream Machine, but we had to make an exception in this case. If you are looking for a service with all of the latest movies, TV shows, Live TV, Fitness, and adult entertainment, then Radiosify is the product for you.It works for Android, Fire TV and Roku and involves almost no setup (other than installing the app and logging in).
The application is super easy to use and is a great option for power users or those who are technically challenged. For as low as $8.80 a month (7-day trial), you cannot go wrong!
Our app is now available on Google Play.