I’ve been looking/hoping for a good Spotify Add-on to put on Kodi for awhile, but alas, so far there haven’t been any contenders. And while that’s still the case there is an option that does satisfies the kind of functionality I’m looking for. The Add-on is called Jango and it connects to a site to a kind of Spotify clone of the same name and with similar functionality: You can browse through a ton of pre-made playlists ranging from the typical sort options (top 100, genres, artists etc.) and the Add-on will create “stations” based on that theme. Of course you can also create your own playlist, just like Spotify. Importantly for Kodi Jango also has the music videos with the associated song. The biggest boon to music on TV is having some kind of visual component so this is a nice touch missing from quite a few of Kodi’s music Add-ons.
The Quality of the songs and video are excellent and the speed good. This may just be the best Music Add-on available for Kodi right now. Jango’s service is good enough that it may be enough to drop spotify on my other devices and to keep it consistent when using Kodi.
The Add-on is available on the Kinkin Repo, which also contains a few of the other popular music Add-ons for Kodi.
Kodi Jango Install Guide
- Navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source
- Select None and type the following: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath Enter a name for this media Source & type fusion (Or whatever you want to call it)
- Select OK and go back to your Home Screen
- To install the VinMan java files: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons > Install from zip file > fusion > xbmc-repos > English > repository.kinkin-x.x.x.zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification and then select Install from repository
- Select Kinkins Repo > Music Add-ons > Jango > Install
- Wait for the add-on enabled notification and then you are done! The Kodi Jango add-on can be found under your music add-ons.