Quasar is a frok of the once popular P2P add-on Pulsar. We’ve gone over some of the advantages of watching content via P2P previously, as well as the dangers and drawbacks. If you’re going to use a P2P add-on like Quasar or even using a bitTorrent client I strongly advise using a VPN. Our recommended provider is of course IPVanish.
- Open Kodi
- Select SYSTEM – Settings
- Select Services
- Select Remote Control & select allow remote control by programs on this system & Allow remote control by programs on other system
- Download the Quasar Zip File and save to a location you can easily access from your Kodi device
- Download the Unofficial Pulsar Repo & save to a location you can easily access from your Kodi device
- Go back to your Home Screen and navigate back to System>Setting
- Select Add-Ons
- Select Install from zip file
- Find where you downloaded the Quasar zip file, select plugin.video.quasar-0.9.1-alpha.5.zip and wait for notification that the add-on has been installed.
- Return to Install from zip file
- Find repository.pulsarunofficial-1.0.1.zip that you downloaded earlier.
- Once the install notification pops up select Install from repository
- Select Quasar Unofficial Repo and go to Program add-ons.
- You will now be provided with a list of providers. Some may be work for you better than others and some may be blocked by your ISP. Install as many as you like. If you’re running into an issue with being blocked try using a VPN. As noted above you really should be using a VPN with this service regardless of blocks.
- Select a Provider. The only providers that work with this are all named Quasar xxxxx. Select a provider and hit Install.
You all be setup and good to go now.