This screenshot tutorial will show you how to install Covenant in Kodi, which is the replacement for the popular Exodus addon. Exodus is no longer being updated, so it is important that you install Covenant.
The developers from the team that brought us Exodus has now released Covenant which will pick up where the old addon left off.
Upon launching Covenant in Kodi you will find the following categories; Movies, TV Shows, My Movies, My TV Shows, New Movies, New Episodes, Channels, Tools, and Search.
The Movies category within Covenant has some nice filtering options such as Genres, Year, People, Languages, Certificates, People Watching, Most Popular, Most Voted, Box Office, Oscar Winners, In Theaters, New Movies, My Movies, People Search, and Search.
Within the TV Shows section, you will find many of the same as movies in addition to Airing Today, New TV Shows, New Episodes, TV Calendar, and My TV Shows.
When digging into the Movies and Television categories within Covenant, you will find the following Genres; Action, Adventure, Animation, Anime, Biography, Comedy, Crime, Documentary, Drama, Family, Fantasy, History, Horror, Music, Musical, Mystery, Romance, Science Fiction, Sport, Thriller, War, and Western.
Covenant supports Trakt TV integration which makes is a breeze to manage what we have watched or are planning on watching. You can setup your Trakt TV account within Covenant by clicking Tools and then Accounts.
The popular unrestricted downloader, Real-Debrid also works great within Covenant and provides buffer-free viewing for movies and television shows.
You will find two methods outlined below on how to install Covenant. I suggest using the first method with Ares Wizard as this option will provide other popular addons to install with a couple of clicks. Also, using the manual process at the bottom of this page is not working well due to server overload due to popularity of Covenant addon.
Install Covenant Kodi With Ares Wizard
Note: If you have already installed Ares Wizard, you do not need to install it again. If you have already installed Ares, Click Here to start tutorial in proper place.
- Click gear icon which will take you into Kodi settings panel
- Click System settings button
- Turn on Unknown sources and click back on your remote or keyboard to go back to previous screen
- Click File manager
- Click Add Source
- Click None to pull up keyboard so you can enter source url
- Type in http://repo.ares-project.com/magic
- Click media source name box to open keyboard
- Name source whatever you would like such as ares
- Click OK button and go back to Kodi home screen
- Click Add-ons button on Kodi home screen
- Click the icon that looks like an open package in top left corner of screen
- Click Install from zip file option
- Click ares or whatever you named sources in previous step
- Click the repository folder for Ares Project
- Click the Ares Project zip file
- Wait until Ares project Add-on installed message appears
- Click Install from repository
- Click Ares Project
- Click Program add-ons
- Click Ares Wizard
- Click Install
- Wait until you see Ares Wizard Add-on installed message to appear
- Exit to home screen of Kodi and click Ares Wizard icon which you will find under Program add-ons category
- Wait for Ares Wizard to load. This can take a minute after updates, be patient – Click Browse Addons
- Click Video Addons
- Hover over Covenant and click select button or hit enter on keyboard – Install button will become highlighted
- Click Install button
- If you receive message that Covenant artwork can’t be downloaded, click OK
- Wait for Covenant was successfully installed message and then click OK
- If asked if you want to install Covenant repository, click Yes – this is important to receive future updates and this should also allow for artwork download that didn’t work in previous step
- Wait until you see Colossus was successfully installed message and click OK+
- Click Close button in Ares Wizard and return to Kodi home screen
- Launch Covenant which you will find by hovering over Add-ons menu item, and clicking Covenant icon under Video add-ons category
- If your screen looks empty, proceed to next step
- Close Kodi by clicking exit button and then relaunch – Covenant will work once Kodi is restarted
Install Covenant Kodi With Repository
7/16/17 – Due to the overwhelming popularity of the Covenant addon, this process is not working well due to server overload. Please use screenshot tutorial above.
- Launch Kodi
- Click the settings icon which looks like a gear or cog in top left-hand corner under Kodi logo
- Click System settings
- Hover over Add-ons menu item and turn on Unknown sources if not already on – you will receive a confirmation message where you must click Yes
- Click back on remote to go back to System page
- Click File Manager
- Click Add source
- Click <None>
- Type the following url exactly how it is listed here – http://mediarepos.net/tco and click OK
- Highlight the box under the source that you just typed in and enter a name for this media source, type tco or any other name you would like to identify this source as and click OK
- Click your back button on remote or keyboard until you are back at the Kodi home screen
- Click Add-ons menu item
- Click the small “open box” icon at top left side of page under the “Add-ons heading”
- Click Install from zip file
- Click tco or other name you assigned the media source in previous step
- Click Repo_colossus zip file
- Wait for Colossal Repository Add-on installed message to appear
- Click Install from repository
- Click Colossal Repository
- Click Video Add-ons
- Click Covenant
- Click Install
- Wait until you see Covenant Add-on installed message
The post How To Install Covenant Kodi appeared first on Do It Yourself Tech Projects for Home & Small Business.