While most of people now know, Lambda has given up development of Genesis. What you may nit know if that before ceasing development he open sourced the code to his add-on. The first fork of Genesis has been released from a new developer known as MrkNow. This is the first Genesis fork that we know of and is based on a somewhat older version of Genesis. The important part is that all the links and sources have been refreshed and renewed.
The add-on should be instantly comfortable for anyone familiar with Genesis. It’s very possible we’ll see multiple new add-ons released over the next couple of weeks/months based on the Genesis code however right now this is currently the leader in this space.
If you’re looking to install the new Add-on please follow the directions below:
- Open Kodi
- Select SYSTEM > File Manager
- Select Add Source, select None and enter the following: http://filmkodi.com/repository/ and hit done. Make sure to give it a name if one hasn’t been created already then press OK.
- Go back to your Home Screen and navigate back to System>Setting
- Select Add-Ons
- Select Install from zip file
- Select the Source you just created
- Select repository.filmkodi.com.zip
- Once the install notification pops up select Install from repository
- Select Select filmkodi.com repository > Video add-ons – Specto – Genesis Fork. The install should be completed rather quickly. Enjoy!